maybe...

June 28, 2016



maybe when I'm old and cynical I'll understand.
for now I see through new eyes,
hazy eyes, dreamy eyes,
eyes that see possibility, that see opportunity,
eyes that sugar coat life,
eyes that pull hope from every possible caveat,
a privilege only youth can give,
maybe when I'm old and cynical I'll understand passion.
my mind will have drive,
understand the drive, crave the drive,
my mind will invent ways upon ways to fulfill its purpose,
this ripe passion will consume my heart, my mind my soul, my being,
maybe when I'm old and cynical I'll understand sparks.
this skin will feel electricity,
raw emotion flitting on its surface,
every combination these colors of the mind display themselves as,
I'll understand instant connections,
slow detachment,
and dead ends,
maybe when I'm old and cynical I'll understand love.
this heart will swell to compact love to its highest capacity
this heart will give, and give, and give,
and hopefully revive,
hopefully receive that reciprocal love it deserves,
maybe when I'm old and cynical I'll understand the longing.
these eyes will know time and waiting,
they'll know watching and wishing,
eyes that will hope beyond hope for the impossible,
eyes that know subconsciously that it can't be,
maybe when I'm old and cynical I'll understand loss.
these ears will know voices that no longer come around,
they'll hear favorite words, favorite conversations, favorite laughs,
they'll hear lost words,
words unsaid, words thought, words implied,
words that could've changed the course of events,
words that should've changed history
my history,
maybe when I'm old and cynical I'll understand death.
a spectacle to the human eyes,
the absence of the life so long craved,
the abstract concept of a soul free of its housing,
my heart, my eyes, my ears, my skin, my nose,
will witness the finality of the subject,
the faithful shadow waiting and watching for the Time.
-Mary-
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe