nyc day one

June 03, 2016

Today was the first day we spent in my marveled New York. It wasn't much as we arrived late afternoon, and had no real plans formulated, but we still managed to try to get a little done today.


The first thing that came up that would be the easiest to do would be visiting Times Square which we did  since it was close by. We spent some time shopping and people watching in the flurry that is Times Square until we realized were were one block away from the Richard Rogers Theatre.

The Richard Rogers Theatre!!



For anyone who doesn't know what the Richard Rogers Theatre is currently housing they need to get on that immediately. The Richard Rogers Theatre is currently home to Hamilton the Musical. Needless to say my sister and I were practically shaking from excitement. Hopefully we can see a #Ham4Ham show while we're here? Doubtful, but it would be amazing.



Following the Richard Rogers Theatre we went down to the closest park to close out of day. This happened to be Bryant Park. I loved the vibe of Bryant Park. Unlike parks at home where everyone has come for their own purpose and has practically marked their territory from any strangers, this park was much more fluid. Everyone felt at ease with each other. There was yoga, a bingo game, a scavenger hunt, and people laying about just enjoying the weather all in the same space of the parking lot of some of the parks at home.



I was a little worried going into the trip. 


But I ended up feeling fine. I've never faced a challenge I couldn't get over and everything was great in the city. I'm very excited for the future, hopefully it ends up in New York, permanently or semipermanently.

{p.s} I am absolutely in love with a lot of the decor inside the hotel we're staying at, so here's a few pictures that I took.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe