48 hours in Chicago

July 27, 2017

There's just something about great cities. Each one has a unique distinct flavor, a taste, that makes them so intoxicating. I was remarkably blessed to have the opportunity to visit one of my favorites for a few college visits. Over two driving packed days we visited the University of Notre Dame, University of Chicago and Northwestern University. I thought I was insane for scheduling back to back visits — Notre Dame on Thursday and UChicago and Northwestern on Friday, 45 minutes apart I might add —but it turned out other people had the same idea. We saw some of the same people both days at each of the colleges at exactly the same times even though Hyde Park and Evanston are nowhere near 45 minutes apart with traffic. All in all, I had an amazing time visiting these incredible schools, so here are my stressful 48 hours in Chicago.
University of Notre Dame





 Notre Dame was pretty interesting as my first official college visit ever. I have obviously been on several college campuses and even been a student at two, but visiting and not camouflaging into the student body was nerve-wracking. Like all the other schools I intend on visiting, what drew me to Notre Dame was its reputation as an academically strong school. The campus was beautiful and located in a small college town which makes it a different than most of my top schools. Here are my quick notes from the information session and tour.

After we finished the tour we had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted, which wasn't much because we were all so wiped. We continued our drive to Chicago and spent the rest of the evening relaxing in our hotel rooms. I really wish this could have been an extended visit, not only for how much I love Chicago, but this hotel was one of my favorites I've ever stayed at. The decor was amazing, the location was amazing right overlooking Navy Pier, it was an all around cool place to be. Too bad I spent most of my time here sleeping.


the view from our room





The University of Chicago
 The next day we were up bright and early to visit school number two — The University of Chicago. I knew I had strong feelings about UChicago and had it placed as my number two dream school, but this visit placed it at number 1 (at least until I visit Columbia University in a week). The energy and mission of the school seeemed to exemplefy me completely. The school is one that is unconventional and unique in its aura and is driven toward encouraging minds that break from the norm and are motivated by questioning and moulding their surroundings. Touring the campus and hearing from current students and their lives and experiences on campus reinforced everything I knew about the school, and made my heart yearn for it that much more.
















Quick Notes:


Northwestern University
For this leg of our trip, we had to speed from Hyde Park to Evanston, Illinois for our trip to Northwestern University. The major thing I noticed about Northwestern was that it gave off a relaxed vibe. This is probably because we visited during the summer with practically no students on campus, but the fact that it was in a smaller town reminded me of home, which I guess isn't a bad thing all of the time. I really loved that the campus was on the water (maybe the Michigan River) and the greenery. Being located in a small town and a Division 1 sports school, I also got a nice school spirit vibe which brings added another homey element.





Day One Outfit:



- Navy Aeropostale Striped Onsie
- Black Old Navy Jeans
- White Converse
-Navy Thrifted Raincoat

Day Two Outfit:


- Thrifted Denim Jacket
-Black Old Navy Dress
-White Converse


I was going to wear these flats, but I switched them out for better walking shoes.

Once we finished up our hectic few days we had a nice late lunch at Giordanos and I can finally say I understand the hype. This was honestly some of the best Italian food I've ever had.

Thank you all for reading all about some of the busiest two days of my life. I really got a taste for how valuble my time is and how productive I can be and I actually loved how it felt to be on top of my game like that. Till next time!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe